Please click on the link below to see the Performance Flyer
All of the students in second grade will have a slip sent home, that asks permission for the museum to take pictures of the students while we are there. The reason for this, is because they would like to show the donors, who made this free trip possible. Thank you!
All second grade classes will be attending a field trip to the Museum of Contemporary Art on February 23, 2018. The trip is free. Please pack a healthy lunch.
All second grade students will recieve a form to complete for a free ticket to 6 Flags based on completing a reading challenge. The forms are due February 26, 2018. Late forms will not be accepted.
Please remember that this week is both Spirit Week and The Kindness Challenge. A flyer went home with the students on Friday with a list of things to do each day for Spirit Week. We will be focusing on Kindness this week, and doing activities in the classroom to promote Kindness.
Please join us for the Winter Concert on Thursday December 21, 2017 at either 9:00 am or 1:30 pm.
Please see below for a copy of the letter that is going home with ALL second graders.
2nd Grade Landform/States of Matter Project
As we come to the end of our unit that focuses on different landforms and states of matter, we would like the second grade students to create an end of unit project. The idea is for the students to take ownership of their learning, and choose a landform that they would like to learn more about. Be creative! The students will have until Monday December 18th to complete the project. Below are a list of the requirements and attached is a copy of the rubric we will be using to grade the project. Students will present their project to their classmates, so practice and be prepared to speak in front of the class. Have fun, and of course if there any questions please contact your 2nd grade classroom teacher.
- Choose one landform (pond, lake, river, ocean, peninsula, island, geyser, mountain, hill, valley, plain, canyon)
- You must only choose from the ones listed above
- Research the landform further
- Get creative and build your landform (e.g., poster, labeled drawing, diorama)
- Include a writing piece describing the landform, why you chose the landform, and how it would be to live on the landform
- Label the different parts of the landform including the states of matter (e.g., islands have liquids, mountains have solids, etc.)
Proyecto de Accidentes Geográficos/Estados de la Materia de Segundo Grado
Como estamos para terminar nuestra unidad de accidentes geográficos y estados de la materia, nos gustaría que los estudiantes crean un proyecto del fin de unidad. La idea es que los estudiantes sean dueños/as de su aprendizaje por escoger un accidente geográfico que sobre mas querían aprende. ¡Sea creativo! Los estudiantes tendrán hasta lunes el 19 de diciembre para completar el proyecto. Abajo hay una lista de requisitos del proyecto y añadida hay una copia de cómo vamos a calificar el proyecto. Diviértanse y si hay preguntas comuníquese con la maestra de su hijo/a.
- Escoger un accidente geográfico (estanque, lago, rio, mar, península, isla, geiser, montana, loma, valle, llanura, canon)
- Solo deben escoger de la lista de arriba.
- Investigar el accidente geográfico
- Sea creativo y construir su accidente geográfico (por ejemplo: poster, dibujo, diorama)
- Incluir algo escrito describiendo el accidente geográfico, porque escogió el accidente geográfico, y como seria vivir allí.
- Poner etiquetas en las partes del accidente geográfico incluyendo los estados de la materia (por ejemplo: una isla tiene líquidos alrededor, una montaña tiene sólidos, etcétera
Don't forget to check out the Book Fair in the Library On Report Card Pickup Day
November Field Trips
All four Second Grade classes will be going on the following trips
1. November 16, 2017 to the Nutcracker Ballet at the Chicago Cultural Center
2. November 21, 2017 to the Museum of Science and Industry
All second grade classes will be going on a field trip October 27, 2017 to the Children's International Film Festival.
Trip slips and money is due by October 20, 2017.
Please have students bring a healthy lunch.
Rooms 223 and 224 will have their pictures taken on Tuesday, October 17, and Rooms 225 and 228 will have their pictures taken on Wednesday, October 18th.